Sunday, June 1, 2008

Short Spring

For me, it's already summer. Actually, it was summer for me starting yesterday, May 31st, with the temperature at 88 degrees and the humidity probably 200%!!! I didn't care how He felt about it, the AC was going to be turned on. So it was.

At 10 this morning, I stepped outside onto the front porch and the temp wasn't so bad. Other neighbors came out. We chatted. Theresa came out with her dogs and joined in. (She and her dogs, Rover and Ben, were ready for a walk.) She invited Greta and me to join them. Oh Gawd! hem-haw--but I needed to exercise, so okay. Long story short--we walked a three block square, my face turned beat red and I was "dewing" profusely. Greta pulled toward home panting as if she were going to collapse at any moment. I truly believe the two of us were meant to live in Alaska. Theresa walked us back home and she continued her walk. Good for her!

Me? I got into a cold shower to cool down then put on some clean dry clothes. Greta? She lapped up water as if she hadn't had a drink in days, and plopped herself down on the cool floor in front of a fan. We're wimps.



No comments:

Post a Comment