Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Guess I've Been Naughty


This is the most behind-est I've been for the holidays. You should see the mess here. (On second thought--no you shouldn't.) What is today, the 14th? (oooo, I just realized I forgot to send a BD card to a friend. expletive. See what I mean?)


The mood is subdued. The house is a mess.
The construction is impeding my will for success.
The oven is broken and won't get fixed soon
So if you wanted fruitcake, just change your tune.

The Christmas tree is still in the shed,
buried neath lumber, and tool kits, it's said.
It is too much trouble to bring it all in
There's no place to put it in usual stead.
"Too big," says He, "the room is too small,
tools, ladders, and boxes all stacked in the hall."
The bathroom's in progress, you may recall.

So you see why "Bah Humbug" is my general thesis?
I've just thrown my hands up, because I don't know how to end this.

-by Me

Afterthought: You know you've grown up when none of the things you want for Christmas can be bought at a store.







1 comment: