Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeee

Wednesday was my birthday. I spent the day fairly quietly but did go the a book store to look for some special books for our grandson, Kyle, who told me he wanted a big book about cats and dogs for Christmas. After a nice long browse in the books, I sat down in the cafe and treated myself to some coffee and a scone. Then I decided to get a manicure and pedicure. I crossed the street to the Crestwood Mall and started looking for a nail salon. It was surprising to see that the more than 1/2 the mall had closed down for lack of business. It seemed so odd. My search turned into a nice mall walk--there was no nail salon anymore--and decided that exercise was a nice present to myself.

I took the long way home (still looking for a nail salon), ran a couple of errands, and eventually ended up back at home without the manicure. Not a big deal.

What was really nice was getting calls from friends and family (and e-mails too) who wished me a happy birthday. The P-G's called from Bloomington and I was treated to a song over the phone. Someone was flat which made the effort even more special because I think it was Babers. Then Babers talked to me for a minute. Half-Pint had to translate what he said. Sweet.

Then it was out to dinner with friends. I picked Mexican food because I like that a crunchy, spicy stuff. That's about it. Good enough. No cakes. No presents. Maybe I'll get a manicure after Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment