Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having...

Stress.

Warning: Parts of this post will be depressing.

11/08/08

When I signed on today, I was surprised to notice that there has been no new post here since September. So, backing up six weeks, I'll tell you that most of my September and early October was spent on the Historic Shaw Art Fair as the Volunteer Coordinator. Although we, the Art Fair Committee, work all year long on the event, the six weeks prior to the Fair is a real crunch-time. It was a great success this year. But, there was no time for me to feel the anti-climax of the sudden end of the festivities, because the very next Saturday I was vending my soaps, etc., at the Tower Grove Farmers' Market. It was nice to get back to the market.
And, before the Art Fair and the Market, our "baby-dog," Greta, ruptured her ACL in her left rear leg. So, add the stress of her disability and surgery, and a suffering pocketbook. He and I were carrying her 72 pounds in and out to the yard for her business and put a strain on both of our backs.




11/11/08
To continue, we came home from the Farmers' Market and had just unloaded when I received a phone call that one of my brothers had died. Vic. (This picture was taken in the late 70s.) Vic was a Veteran of the Viet Nam war, serving in the Navy, and he suffered post-traumatic stress disorder and some effects from "agent orange."

I left for California the next morning and was there for 1-1/2 weeks to be with family and help where I could.

I was home from the West for only two days when news came that one of His relatives had passed away. So we were off again, this time to Central Illinois.

This kind of catches you up. Check back in a day or so for some more cheerful news, and honey, I'm ready for that.








No comments:

Post a Comment