Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Things to do on Monday...

I woke up in an energetic mood Monday morning and decided to whip up a batch of soap after cleaning the kitchen. I was going at this with zest and was ready to start mixing the soap, when at 10:40 AM, I remembered I had a 10:30 appointment with the podiatrist (another story). I called the office, "come on over," they said, so I zipped out the door without washing my feet--sorry, doc.

Now I'm on my way back home, see, when I come across a small dog, a toy schnauzer mix puppy, bouncing around in the middle of the street just as happy as can be. No owners in sight. Other people on the street don't recognize the pup--no tags, dirty, but just as cute as can be. Well, you know me; I'm unable to pass by a stray dog.


Long story short: I spent the day trying to find puppy's owners. I took him to the Humane Society to check for chip--no chip. I couldn't leave the dog at the pound so I took it back home, gave it a bath, treated the fleas, groomed and fed him. I began looking for the owners, putting signs up in the neighborhood, posting on the neighborhood mail-list, dog-park list, etc. Greta (my 12 y.o. GS) was not happy, neither was He. STRESS! CUTE!

Before this gets too boring, it wasn't until just after 8:00 P.M. that puppy and owners were reunited but not without a lecture from me on the care and treatment of pets, microchipping, name tags with owner information, flea treatment, grooming, etc. Surprisingly, they thanked me and drove away without calling me a "nosey #*^%#@\."
Now, I'm really tired, my foot hurts, the house is a mess, Greta is mad at me, and He is lecturing. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Things to do on Tuesday: Clean kitchen, make soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment